Angry Bots ( Prizes worth 35k )Please login to register for this event!
First Angry Birds! Then Angry Anna! Rage is everywhere, and it is no different in K! Get ready to terminate!
NOTE: All participants MUST register for the event online! (log in through FB/ your kurukshetra id and password, and then click the register button for this event)
Design and build a manual robot that is capable of collecting balls present at ground level, and projecting them towards the target castle in order to knock it down as fast as possible in minimal attempts.
To view the problem statement, click here
Figure 1. Sample Arena for Prelims
- ARMORY : The zone where the balls are kept.( Standard Golf balls and crazy balls* will be used ).
- CATAPULT ZONE : The bot is allowed to fire at the castle from anywhere within this zone (including the armory). This zone also has an elevated launch site with a slope of inclination less than 30o leading to it.
- CASTLE : The castle is built of pillars made of PVC pipes or simple plastic stumps with a maximum height of 30 cm. The shape and orientation of pillars will be revealed on the day of the event, and the sample of a 6 pillar castle is just for illustration and not final.
- CASTLE : 80 cm x 80 cm
- MAX. HEIGHT OF PILLARS : 45 cm*
- ELEVATED LAUCH SITE : 50 cm x 70 cm x 30 cm(height)
- SLOPE LEADING TO IT : 65 cm (l) x 70 cm (b)
- The castle is at a distance of 60 cm from the edge of catapult zone. ( See arena images for better understanding)
* Dimensions and number of balls, Specifications of the base of pillar will be updated soon.
Game play :
1) A set of balls would be placed in the armory before the start of the game.
2) At the start of game, The bot has to move from the START zone and collect the balls from the armory, and fire at the castle. The bot is allowed to move anywhere inside the limits of the CATAPULT zone.
3) 'Bails' would be placed on top the pillars. When all the bails are knocked off, the castle is considered demolished. For prelims, the pillars would be straightforwardly arranged.
Scoring and Qualification :
1) The first round is a test of accuracy. The bots would be seeded ( For Round 2 ) based on the stars they obtain in the prelims.
2) Lesser the number of ball you use, more is the number of stars you will get.( Par for the stars would be set later)
3) A maximum time of 8 minutes will be provided to break down the castle.
4) In case of failure to knock down the entire castle in given time, the number of individual bails knocked down will be considered.
5)In case of a tie, the time taken to complete the task would be evaluated.
Figure 2.Sample arena for the knock-out stage
Details and Dimensions are the same for both rounds only difference is that this is a one on one set-up (2 player)
Game play :
- The game play remains the same as in prelims.
- However, both teams start in their respective catapult zones simultaneously and fire at the opponents' castle.
Scoring and Elimination:
- This round tests speed and accuracy in firing. As both the bots fire at each other's castle, the team to demolish the opponents castle first goes through to the next round and the other team gets eliminated from the draw.
- A maximum time of 8 minutes will be provided to break down the castle.
- In case of failure to knock down the entire castle in given time, the number of individual bails knocked down will be considered.
- In case the robot hits the opponent, penalty would be filed and the hands must be off the controller for 10 seconds.
- In case of a tie, the team which used lesser number of balls to demolish the castle wins.
- The robot should fit within a box of 30 cm x 30 cm x 60 cm (l x b x h) which will be checked before the event and violation of which will lead to the disqualification of the bot.
- The potential difference between any two points in the bot should not exceed 12 V and battery must be onboard.
- The robot is maybe wired or wireless. Wireless robot should possess dual-frequency remotes to prevent frequency clashing.
- The wires should be at least 3m long and should remain slack throughout the event.
- Robots must not use ready-made mechanisms, Lego kits etc. However readymade gear assemblies can be used.
- No part of the robot must damage the arena, violation of this could lead to disqualification.
- If the robot is manually touched during the trial except at the start, then it will be considered as a violation and will lead to penalty.
- If a particular part of the bot becomes faulty or dismounts, team member other than the operator will be allowed to make adjustments. However, you will be penalized and the timer will continue to run in the meantime.
- The event is open to all colleges in India and abroad and there is no restriction on the number of teams from any given college.
- A team must consist of (a maximum of) 4 participants. Students from different educational institutes can form a team.
- All members of a team must have a valid identity card provided by their institution with them on the day of the event.
- All participants must be registered to Kurukshetra '12 and should possess their K! ID throughout the event.
- All participants MUST register for the event online! (log in through FB / your kurukshetra id and password, and then click the register button for this event)
The event coordinators reserve the right to make modifications to any of the rules if deemed necessary and their decision is any situation is final and binding on all.
1. Can the size of my bot exceed the 30 cm limit ?
Strictly not before the start of the game . Not necessarily during the game. But the bot is not supposed to open up into multiple bots.
2. Tell me something about the pillars !! Please !
As of now, we can tell you that the pillars will be pipes of 45 cm height. The bases won't be too heavy. Just prepare your bots to strike the top of the pillars.
3. Is it a must that I use the elevation ?
Your anger, your strategy, you game. All we want is the castle to go down :)
4. The task sounds a bit tuff. What do I do ?
Think simple :)
5. How do I register for the event ?
Mail your team details to us. Yes. To the mail ID on the contacts page.